BWC Provider Certification
For a Provider to be eligible for reimbursement of services, the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) must certify the Provider, except in the following situations:
- The work-related claim is prior to October 20, 1993 and there has been no change in Provider since that date.
If the injured worker changes Providers, he or she must choose a BWC-Certified Provider.
- Emergency or Initial visit on a work-related injury.
To apply to become a BWC Certified Provider, you must complete and submit the BWC application, which will also ask for:
- License, Certification or Accreditation for your Provider type
- IRS form W9
- Practice License
- Workers’ Compensation Certificate of Coverage
- Physician Board Certification, either American Board or National Board
- DEA license
- Education/Training CV
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage sheet
For further information on becoming a BWC Certified Provider, contact Health Management Solutions and we will offer assistance, or contact the Ohio BWC directly at 1-800-OHIOBWC and press 42 or the BWC website at www.ohiobwc.com and select Provider information.