BWC Provider Certification
For a Provider to be eligible for reimbursement of services, the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) must certify the Provider, except in the following situations:
- The work-related claim is prior to October 20, 1993 and there has been no change in Provider since that date.
If the injured worker changes Providers, he or she must choose a BWC-Certified Provider.
- Emergency or Initial visit on a work-related injury.
To apply to become a BWC Certified Provider, you must complete and submit the BWC application, which will also ask for:
1. License, Certification or Accreditation for your Provider type
2. IRS form W9
3. Practice License
4. Workers’ Compensation Certificate of Coverage
5. Physician Board Certification, either American Board or National Board
6. DEA license
7. Education/Training CV
8. Professional Liability Insurance coverage sheet
For further information on becoming a BWC Certified Provider, contact either Health Management Solutions at 1-888-202-3515 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will offer assistance, or contact BWC directly at 1-800-OHIOBWC and press 42 or the BWC website at www.ohiobwc.com and select Provider information.